10-Minute (or Less) Meals
For college kids, single moms, lazy husbands, and other people not in the mood to prepare anything fancy and are just plain hungry -- now!
- Some burger
- Some frozen vegetables
- A can of "cream of" soup (mushroom, chicken, celery, etc.)
- Minute Rice® or frozen hash browns (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional too)
- Brown the burger and cook the rice.
- Microwave the veggies and hash browns for one minute.
- Drain the burger.
- Add the cream soup, veggies, rice, and/or hash browns.
- Heat to the edge of boiling.
- Put on plate, add cheese, eat.
Waffle and Egg Sandwich
- Two waffles
- One or two eggs
- Sliced or shredded cheese
- Slice of lunch meat
- Mushrooms, other small ingredients (optional)
- Put waffles into toaster.
- Start frying the eggs.
- Break the yolks and squoosh the mushrooms in.
- Butter the waffles when they pop up. Lay cheese on one.
- Flip the egg(s). Add lunch meat. Turn off burner.
- Place egg/meat stack between waffles.
Variation: Instead of waffles and cheese slice, use a tortilla shell and shredded cheese.
Last night's protein: pork chops, chicken, tofu, hot dogs
Last night's carbos: rice, baked potato, french fries, spaghetti
Yesterday's liquids: soup, sauce, juice . . . or a new can of something
2. Add the liquids.
5. Food groups! Toast some bread if it's too soupy,
or just use a spoon.
Got your own speedy supper, lickety-split lunch or breakneck breakfast? Click it to me!